Registered Nurse (RN)Apply Now Requisition Number 16-2175 Job Location San Juan, San Juan
We have an opening for a Full-Time Registered Nurseto work at our employer health center located in
Hato Rey, Puerto Rico!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Provides nursing care to client employees and/or contractors and visitors to the health center.
- Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow
- Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests.
- Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician.
- Performs occupational and health screening tests as defined in site contract (EKG, audiometry, spirometry, vision)
- Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures
- Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged
- Evaluates health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner
- Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software
- Maintains a clean and safe environment.
- Follows infection control procedures Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits
- Other duties as assigned
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates’ degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.