Injury Prevention SpecialistRequisition Number 23-815 Job Location San Antonio, Texas
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We are looking for a PRN Injury Prevention Specialist to join the amazing team at our Employer Health Center located in San Antonio, TX.
Must be willing to work night shift as needed.
Shifts are 5a-2p, 12p-8p and 6p-3a
- Perform Physical Demand Analyses including raw data collection, use of measurement tools, video analysis for specific job demands, and overall report review to identify high-risk work areas.
- Communicate regularly with onsite PH Medical Team and Client Safety Team regarding workplace countermeasures and injury prevention strategies.
- Attend meetings and serve on task forces as deemed necessary.
- Provide recommended guidelines for correcting limitations in flexibility, strength and general conditioning to prevent injury and support overall wellness for client members.
- Provide client follow-up and make recommendations for work performance based on knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and ergonomic principles.
- Develop and lead group and individual training sessions focusing on functional movement patterns, specific job simulations, and educational programs for occupational health/ safety. (Stretching programs, Lift Labs, etc)
- Educate and observe essential functions and movement patterns related to appropriate early symptom management techniques for minor musculoskeletal discomfort. Follow-up with client members to ensure early symptom recognition and injury prevention.
- Perform injury/musculoskeletal screening and assessment, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, and muscle strength to assist in determination of red flags and next steps regarding care.
- Provide basic first aid in alignment with OSHA first aid standards to assist in prevention of recordable incidences for clients.
- Care coordination and communication with on-site medical providers.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, and appropriate EMR documentation, etc. in a timely manner.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences (Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Exercise Science, Athletic Training, Exercise Physiology) from accredited college or university or equivalent experience preferred.
- Current hands-on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required.
- Current hands-on training in AHA or ARC First Aid is required.
- Experience in Health/ Fitness Industry; Experience in Occupational Health and Safety; Knowledge of current OSHA regulations preferred
- Experience in Ergonomics preferred
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More