Mobile PhlebotomistRequisition Number 19-5792 Job Location Pensacola, Florida
eHealthScreenings, a Premise Health Company, is currently recruiting for PRN (as-needed) Health Screening Technicians in the Pensacola, FL area. In this position the PRN Health Screener is responsible for performing biometric health screenings for our clients throughout the city and the surrounding areas.
These are PRN, as-needed, opportunities, not full or part time. A typical event usually takes place during the week days and are mostly in the mornings. They can last for 4-6 hours, on average. If you prefer full-time employment, this is NOT the right opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform and record biometric testing results including, but not limited to height, weight, blood pressure, body fat, and BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Blood testing including finger stick and / or venipuncture blood draws
- Candidates with proven experience in performing venipuncture blood draws will be required to do so in a fast-paced environment; providing it is needed during the screening events
- Preparation of specimens for storage or additional processing
- Set up and break down portable blood draw / biometric station(s)
- May need to transport supplies to and from health screening events (lifting 10-20 lbs.)
- Maintains the logs and records for all Laboratory transactions and information in accordance with department and regulatory requirements
- May require other duties as assigned
Education: minimum High School diploma or GED is required
REQUIRED for ALL finger stick and venipuncture Technicians:
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer)
Also REQUIRED for venipuncture Technicians from Louisiana, Nevada, Washington, and California: Must be certified in Phlebotomy as required at the state level.
Also REQUIRED for venipuncture Technicians from the other 46 states: Certification in oneof the following:
- Current national certification in Phlebotomy or Medical Assisting from* American Association of Medical Assistants, American Medical Technologists, National Center for Competency Testing, American Registry of Medical Assistants, American Allied Health, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, or National Health Career Association
- Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts from an accredited Phlebotomy/Medical Assistant program with hands on externship completed and passed. Total on-line courses will not be accepted;
- RN with documentation of current state license/registration (e.g. copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number)
- Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of Health Screening or Phlebotomy experience
- Over 100 successful finger sticks within the last year or, if you do venipuncture blood draws, a minimum of 200 successful venipuncture blood draws within the last 6 months
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs