Wellness CoachRequisition Number 21-1140-1 Job Location Orlando, Florida
We have an opening for a Health Coachto work with our Employers across the United States and in Florida!
CareHere, A Premise Health Company is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Health Coaches assist patients in realizing their potential for change through: motivational interviewing, goal setting, the dissemination of education and information, and increased accountability. Health Coaches empower participants and their families by guiding them through a goal driven change process that supports improved health. Coaches provide on-going support for patients and assist with completion of wellness incentive requirements. The Health Coach also provides both onsite and web based health-related presentations. This position works both remotely and onsite, providing telephonic and face to face coaching and utilizes an electronic medical record when providing care.
- Provides one-on-one telephonic and onsite coaching to patients seeking to achieve improved health and well-being.
- Facilitates behavior change aimed at reducing or eliminating high-risk behaviors. This includes but is not limited to: assessment of patient’s readiness to change, utilization of motivational interviewing, and strength-based goal setting.
- Reviews the electronic medical record (EMR) for pertinent medical history, current diagnosis and pharmaceutical data. Utilizes acquired information to inform the coaching process.
- Intervenes effectively with patients who are in emotional crisis and provides appropriate support and referrals.
- Performs within appropriate scope of practice for the coaching role and escalates any concerns to the immediate supervisor.
- Applies evidence-based strategies and guidance during coaching sessions targeted to improve health outcomes.
- Successfully engages and retains patients and ensures a high level of patient satisfaction.
- Efficiently manages patient caseloads.
- Schedules, preps, and documents coaching sessions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Participates in ongoing quality assurance and training meetings as required.
- Coordinates with wellness and health center staff to ensure patients access the services and programs necessary to optimize well-being.
- Assists with development of health education materials, programs, and presentations.
- Maintains a clean, neat work environment and presents a professional image at all times.
- Treats all CareHere employees, customers, clients, vendors, and patients with courtesy, respect and dignity.
- Maintains strict confidentiality related to company, client, patient, and employee information.
- Understands and follows safety and security procedures and practices preventative safety procedures as set forth by CareHere.
- Immediately reports all accidents and incidents to the immediate supervisor or Human Resources.
- Uses only equipment trained to use and operates all equipment in a safe manner.
- Travels by car, air or other means as necessary to conduct company business with travel to vary from 15% to 30% based on location.
- Fully understands and adheres to the systems provided by CareHere to control assets and expenditures.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Executes all terms and conditions as set forth in the CareHere Employee Handbook.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in health promotion, health education, nursing, athletic training, nutrition and dietetics, exercise science or other health-related or counseling field
- Wellness/Health coach certification from a nationally recognized and accredited professional wellness coach training program. Preferred certifications: National Society of Health Coaches (NSHC), Dr. Sears Wellness Institute, The L.E.A.N. Group, American Council on Exercise (ACE), Duke Integrative Medicine, Wellcoaches School of Coaching and American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Two (2) years of experience as a wellness coach or similarly applicable experience
- Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as: smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and chronic conditions required
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required, specifically, the ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation over the phone
- Excellent keyboard and internet navigation skills, including the ability to use online applications to document accurately and concisely, while simultaneously talking on the phone
- Flexibility to work with variable individual schedules across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional development; open to learning new and innovative ways of delivering behavioral lifestyle intervention services and dedication to continued development of behavioral coaching skills
- Ability to be self-directed, highly organized, think critically and be proactive
- Computer literacy of Microsoft Office products and email skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Working extended hours may be required as needed.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join CareHere, A Premise Health Company for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs