Mobile PhlebotomistRequisition Number 22-2598 Job Location New Orleans, Louisiana
eHealthScreenings, a Premise Health Company that specializes in national biometric screenings, has exciting opportunities for Mobile Phlebotomists / Health Screeners in your area. These positions are as-needed opportunities and offer flexibility in scheduling and highly competitive pay. If you are seeking PRN/per diem opportunities, have flexible availability during weekday mornings, seek supplemental income, and meet the requirements below, our Recruiters are currently reviewing resumes and scheduling immediate interviews. Apply today!
In this position the Mobile Phlebotomist is responsible for performing biometric health screenings, which would include performing finger sticks, biometric readings, and/or venipunctures, for our clients throughout the city and the surrounding areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform and record biometric testing results including, but not limited to height, weight, blood pressure, body fat, and BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Blood testing including finger stick and / or venipuncture blood draws
- Candidates with proven experience in performing venipuncture blood draws will be required to do so in a fast-paced environment; providing it is needed during the screening events
- Preparation of specimens for storage or additional processing
- Set up and break down portable blood draw / biometric station(s)
- May need to transport supplies to and from health screening events (lifting 10-20 lbs.)
- Maintains the logs and records for all Laboratory transactions and information in accordance with department and regulatory requirements
- May require other duties as assigned
Education: minimum High School diploma or GED is required
- REQUIRED for ALL finger stick and venipuncture Technicians:
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer)
- Also REQUIRED for venipuncture Technicians from Louisiana, Nevada, Washington, and California: Must be certified in Phlebotomy as required at the state level.
- Also REQUIRED for venipuncture Technicians from the other 46 states: Certification in one of the following:
- Current national certification in Phlebotomy or Medical Assisting from* American Association of Medical Assistants, American Medical Technologists, National Center for Competency Testing, American Registry of Medical Assistants, American Allied Health, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, or National Health Career Association (required for WA and LA)
- Certificate/Diploma and Transcripts from an accredited Phlebotomy/Medical Assistant program with hands on externship completed and passed. Total on-line courses will not be accepted.
- RN with documentation of current state license/registration (e.g., copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number)
- Must have a minimum 1 year of experience of Health Screening or Phlebotomy experience
- Over 100 successful finger sticks within the last year or, if you do venipuncture blood draws, a minimum of 200 successful venipuncture blood draws within the last 6 months
- BILINGUAL SPANISH IS A HUGE PLUS!!!!
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be available to work a PRN, event-driven position, primarily during the weekday mornings; this is not a full or part-time 'steady hours' type of position
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Punctual, responsible, and able to work with limited supervision
- Possess professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to show proof of professional credentialing
- Ability to pass a full background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be computer / internet savvy
- Knowledge and skills necessary to collect blood samples from patients
- Ability to work independently, in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with safety and organizational policies and procedures
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs