Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Premise Health registered nurses are the heart of our healthcare team. With a listening ear and a helping hand, our nurses create a welcoming environment where patients can talk about their concerns, connect with their providers and take good care of their health. Premise RNs are experts in a variety of roles, including primary care, occupational health, health risk condition management, health center management, case management and wellness coaching. Premise cares deeply about our team members’ wellbeing. We are dedicated to supporting a healthy work-life balance in addition to competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, company-sponsored wellness programs and more.
Who we serve
- 94 Net Promoter Score
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Our team members are what makes working at Premise Health great! These are a few of the traits that get us excited.
- Team player
“Premise has given me the opportunity to use another side of my brain I never thought I’d have the opportunity to explore as a nurse. Not only am I fortunate enough to be involved in amazing patient care, but I have now developed strategy, business, and client relationship skills that are invaluable in today’s ever changing healthcare landscape.”– Mary Karner, Director of Client Operations, MAOL, BSN, RN, CEN
“I love that emphasis is placed on spending plenty of time with our patients in order to make the most meaningful impact on their health status, today that’s essentially non-existent in other healthcare organizations.”– Jonathan Cueto, Health Center Manager
Nurse Practitioner or Physician AssistantRequisition Number 23-1555 Job Location Huntsville, Alabama
Find your Home with Premise Health!
Join our amazing Employer Health Center in Huntsville, AL as a vital member of our clinical staff. This Nurse Practitioner or PA uses clinical judgments in conducting health assessments making differential diagnosis and prescribing pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are implemented through independent action, health counseling, and collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP or PA is responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic health problems in the on-site setting.
Our team members are what makes working at Premise Health great! We are adaptable, great communicators and team players among many other traits.
Hours: Nights- 6:30p-3a, 3 nights per week.
Week 1- M/T/W, Week 2- W/Th/F
What you can expect in this role:
- Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess patients’ clinical problems and health care needs.
- Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis, based on patient’s condition. Provides written home-going instructions.
- Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.
- Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices.
- May require other duties as assigned.
What we require for this role:
- All RN licenses/certificates to practice
- All nurse practitioner licenses/certificates to practice
- State Prescriptive Authority (if applicable)
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice as applicable)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state (Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Puerto Rico) (New York ROPES registration)
- Current national certification (ANCC or AANP required)
- Master Degree in Science of Nursing (if Master Degree in Science certificate does not state Nursing on it then a copy of transcripts is required)
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family practice or emergency department setting preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Training skills a plus
- Demonstrated problem-solving and work flow management skills preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves.
What Premise offers you:
- Competitive pay and generous PTO
- Additional 10 company paid holidays
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) match after 90 days
- Premise sponsored wellness program
- Connected Care+, Pharmacy, Virtual Primary Care and Virtual Behavioral Health
- For more details, visit https://jobs.premisehealth.com/benefits
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
What Premise Health Offers You
Along with medical, dental, and vision, Premise offers virtual behavioral health, pharmacy and 401(k) plan to just name a few!
Work Life Balance
10 company holidays plus paid time off that increases with years of service, no weekends or on call, manageable patient load in one location.
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME. Additional tuition reimbursement also available.
Competitive rate of pay, 401(k) plan, and performance-based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that reduce lifestyle risks and improve overall wellbeing.
Our Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More