PsychologistRequisition Number 18-3208 Job Location Columbus, Indiana
We have an opening for a Full Time Psychologist to work at the Live Well Center- providing health care to the employees of Cummins located in Columbus, IN!
*Experience in addiction/substance abuse preferred*
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Evaluates patients for mental, emotional or behavioral disorders. Diagnoses disorders, including nature and extent, and determines the appropriate course of treatment for the patient. Treats patient illness or distress, cannot prescribe medication.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Interacts with clients to assist in gaining insight, defining goals, and planning action to achieve effective personal, social, educational, and vocational development and adjustment.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Use a variety of treatment methods, such as psychotherapy, hypnosis, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama, and play therapy.
- Counsel individuals regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment
- Discuss the treatment of problems with clients.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology
- Requires an advanced degree and a license to practice.
- 2-4 years of experience required.
- Must have prior experience in the field of treatment of mental health including depression, mood disorders, alcoholism and drug dependency, family counseling, marital relationship, grief, loss, in adults and children
- Must have prior training and experience in clinical supervision.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance. See more occupations related to this knowledge.
- Must possess ability to interact and consult with multidisciplinary healthcare teams to include primary care providers, community providers and services as needed.
- Must possess diagnostic assessment and referral skills (advanced clinical training at doctorate degree level) and skills to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment plans, specifically for persons with behavioral or mental health concerns (specialized training and experience).
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to establish a good rapport with all levels of the organization, identify problems and motivate individuals to take necessary action; professional practice skills reflecting adherence to the highest ethical standards.
- Knowledge of Internet navigation, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Ability to commit to professional organization’s ethical principles.
This job operates in a clinic setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee may be required to lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs