DietitianRequisition Number 20-1311 Job Location Charlotte, North Carolina
We have an opening for a Full Time Registered Dietitian to work at our employer health center located in Charlotte, NC (Uptown)!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Purpose of the Position
Provides individual nutrition consultation to patients. Provides nutritional consultation to health care staff. May provide nutrition wellness programming and presentations.
Essential Job Functions
- Consults with site health care professionals to determine patient's nutrition risk and needs.
- Conducts a nutrition assessment, which includes obtaining a detailed nutrition history, review of risk factors, labs, and medical history, and identification of nutrition behaviors contributing to risk.
- Discusses results of nutrition assessment with patient identifying areas where patient can decrease health risks.
- Educates patient in nutrition principles, dietary plan, food selection, and preparation using available resources including but not limited to: pamphlets, books, handouts, videos, web based resources, classes and others.
- Establishes goals and objectives with patient to meet the nutrition care plan.
- Develops and implements plan of care and correlates plan with other healthcare professionals.
- Evaluates nutrition plan and provides follow-up as needed.
- Documents nutrition care plans and progress into patient's medical records.
- Engages in nutrition outcomes research.
- Plans and presents nutrition wellness programs based on needs of site and contract. This includes development of programs, marketing, presentation, and evaluation.
- Works with cafeteria or food service vendor to evaluate nutrition offerings and make suggestions.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Documentation of state license/registration (e.g. copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number)
- Commission on Dietetic Registration Certificate Card
- State Lab Certificate (NV only)
- Additional certifications in wellness/fitness specialties preferred
- Three years experience as a registered dietitian in a clinical setting
- Experience in public speaking and presentations.
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the following types of software: Internet, Spreadsheet, Presentation or Publication, Nutrition Analysis and Word Processing.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to counsel/teach in one on one or small group settings.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs