Primary care Physician full time
By shifting the conversation from treatment to prevention, Premise Health physicians enjoy a career of making a difference in the lives of patients they meet. Whether primary care, occupational health or digitally through our 24/7 virtual health platform you are freed from the administrative burdens of traditional care settings and able to deliver care in a unique way by spending more quality time getting to know patients and their history. Premise cares deeply about our team members’ wellbeing and is dedicated to supporting a healthy work-life balance in addition to competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, company-sponsored wellness programs and more.
- Mission-focused work environment
- Full-time, part-time, PRN and collaborative
- 94 Net Promoter
"At Premise Health, our 500 physicians share a devotion to helping others get, stay, and be well. We know this is why so many doctors entered the medical profession to begin with, and this commitment remains fundamental to what we do."Dr. Jon Leizman Chief Medical Officer
"As a physician in a leadership role, I am continually supported at the clinical and operational levels. I can always expect great accessibility and timely communication from both my colleagues and advisors. This is a great place to work!"- Dr. Laura
"My work at Premise reminds me why I choose to practice medicine. At Premise I am able to make a difference in the lives of the individuals and families who I see... I am part of a supportive and respectful team that extends beyond my clinic to include other Premise sites and our corporate leadership."- Dr. Sean Sharma
"At Premise Health I've come to love my practice, enjoy my team members and continuously learn from colleagues."- Dr. Lowell Fernander
Primary care Physician full timeRequisition Number 22-790 Job Location Vance, Alabama
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Summary: Works full time 4 weekdays per week
- Provide primary care and oversight for the employer based population by reviewing all health risk factors gained through a health risk assessment, physical and evaluation.
- Conduct annual health risk assessments on all members which may include adult dependents and developing with the patient tailored action plans.
- Serve as a resource for all ancillary professionals employed by CareHere who work in the on-site health care facility or provide support to those using the health care facility.
- Provide quality evidence based medical care that is routinely provided in a primary care setting.
- Understand and implement medical protocols and clinical standards.
- Develop relationships with the community of providers in order to oversee all the clinical health of the members in a cohesive manner.
- Establish goals for each patient with to be monitored and tracked by support staff.
- Support patients in changing health related behaviors.
- Participate in patient education sessions among targeted populations with prevalent health risk factors (high body mass index, smoking, diabetes, etc.).
- Diagnose and treat acute injuries and illnesses
- Diagnose and manage chronic diseases such as Diabetes, Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, Obesity, etc.
- Serve as a consultant for your health site for difficult patient cases, adverse health trends, and safety concerns.
- Oversee and supervise Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants when requested.
- Provide education regarding current occupational medical practices and regulations to staff nurses.
- Provide information and review regarding clinical questions raised by clients and patients.
- Recommend changes in all clinical areas and/or in general areas to improve patient health and wellness.
- Passion for providing excellent patient care while emphasizing wellness and prevention
- Deep desire to make an impact on patients' lives and get back to quality patient care
- Expertise in treating both acute and chronic conditions
- Board Certified in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Preventative Medicine
- Valid and unrestricted state license and DEA
- Comfortable with technology
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
What Premise Health Offers You
Along with medical, dental, and vision, Premise offers virtual behavioral health, pharmacy and 401(k) plan to just name a few!
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Competitive rate of pay, 401(k) plan, and performance-based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that reduce lifestyle risks and improve overall wellbeing.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
10 company holidays plus paid time off that increases with years of service, no weekends or on call, manageable patient load in one location.
Dr. Jonathan Leizman Offers Business Insider Expert Advice on What you Can and Can’t Do Once Vaccinated
With all states now rolling out vaccines to the general public, most U.S. adults could be vaccinated by summer, if not sooner. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released basic guidelines for vaccinated Americans, but quite a few common scenarios have not been addressed. Dr. Jonathan Leizman, chief medical officer at Premise Health, offered Business Insider his expert advice on these common, yet confusing scenarios.Read More
Dr. Jonathan Leizman of Premise Health Offers Insight on When Vaccinated Workers Should Wear Masks
A recent survey by life insurance company Haven Life indicates a current divide over vaccine requirements and wearing masks in the workplace. Premise Health chief medical officer, Dr. Jonathan Leizman, weighs in to clear up confusion surrounding key questions on COVID-19 and the workplace.Read More
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jon Leizman Offers Expert COVID-19 Vaccine Advice to Huffington Post
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout in the United States has been chaotic, but the bottom line is this: Two highly safe and effective vaccines are available, and millions of doses have already been given. Each state determines who gets priority in its vaccine rollout, and while there are similarities (all states put health care workers who spend time around infected patients at the top of their lists), the plans vary.Read More
Click here to see more
Our Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs