Health Center Manager LPN - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus
Premise Health Registered Nurse roles are quite unlike any other. You will be able to spend a large portion of your time in front of patients doing what you do best – providing the services and advice that help people feel better and lead healthier, happier lives. Our nurses deliver the right care at the right time where patients work at onsite and nearsite health centers. A Premise Health RN can work in a primary, acute, or occupational health center in collaboration with other members of the health team. Premise offers a variety of roles including primary care or occupational health registered nurse, RN health center manager and supervisor, RN case manager, RN health risk condition management and RN wellness coach.
- Full time, part time,
- Meaningful work
- 87 Net Promoter
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Registered Nurse (RN) at Premise Health? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Other Traits We're Looking For:
- Digitally Savvy
- Team Player
Why Work With Us
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability.
Competitive rate of pay; generous 401K plan and performance based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that empower healthy team members, while reducing lifestyle risks and improving overall well-being.
Dedicated time off as well as an annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
Generous paid time off that increases with years of service.
Health Center Manager LPN - $2,500 Sign-On BonusRequisition Number 22-2612 Job Location Sunbury, Ohio
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Full-Time Health Center Manager LPN in our Employer Health Center located in Sunbury, OH. The schedule is Monday - Friday.
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
- Oversees the overall management of a medium size health center (2+ regularly scheduled employees)
- Provides a moderate amount of time (15- 50%), dedicated to patient care and/or technical expertise as needed.
- Manages technical Team Leaders and monitors all daily operational processes for Medical Leaders and providers
- Compiles input for the performance appraisal process for all staff members
- Manages staff typically composed of RNs, administrative and technical staff (staff may be exempt or nonexempt); Responsible for following appropriate processes for staff management including talent acquisition, staff development and performance management. Provides input to Director, Client Operations for the final staffing decisions.
- Responsible for interviewing, training and ensuring the successful orientation and onboarding of new colleagues
- Manages daily operations, workflow, work schedules, timecard monitoring etc. to ensure efficient and effective Health Center performance
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and presents resolutions and recommendations to the Director, Client Operations
- Makes recommendation regarding staffing model based on objective scheduling & volume analysis – presents to Director, Client Operations for approval
- Understands and complies with all regulatory, procedural, policy and licensing requirements
- Completes incident reports as needed and provides assistance to the Medical Care and Outcomes dept. regarding investigations and the resolution of complaints
- Communicates and coordinates corporate messages and ensures implementation of policies and procedures are followed
- Coaches and provides feedback to staff on a regular basis
- Manages internal budget, reviews expenses, purchases supplies, inventories equipment, medication etc. where appropriate
- Assists in the identification and scheduling of local per diems
- Works collaboratively with the Medical Leader at the site to manage internal site issues
- Communicates regularly with staff, conducts meetings and keeps staff informed.
- Acts as health center’s infection control lead and collaborates with the corporate Director of Quality and Infection Control Officer.
- May interact with client representatives as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Current license as a LPN/LVN, MA, RN, RT, EMS or NP/PA in practicing state
- Certification in Occupational Health (COHN/COHN-S) may be required for some sites
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in the medical field
- 2 – 3 years’ management experience
- Experience accessing CDC, WHO, APIC or other industry standards for Infection Prevention practices.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
Our Cutting Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs