Regional Medical DirectorRequisition Number 20-1339-4 Job Location St Louis, Missouri
Premise Health, the nations leader in employer based direct care services is currently seeking a Regional Medical Director
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000
The RMD is an integral player in the overall Premise Health Vision and Strategy. The RMD supports and engages site medical team members, directing targets and timelines for their individual health centers and accounts; ensuring clinical performance commitments and results are achieved. The RMD is a leader and mentor in efforts to maximize the patient experience, and leverage technology to improve outcomes and experience for both the patient and clinical team. The RMD serves as the Medical Leader for the Region, and represents the Medical perspectives to regional operations and business partners, and clients within the region.
- Represents Premise from a medical perspective to existing and potential clients and medical community.
- Leads, motivates, trains and inspires effective medical and people/performance management in a virtual environment
- Impacts and evolves the member and client experience
- Supports business development efforts from a medical perspective, engaging in the end to end RFP process.
- Focuses on high level medical, compliance, regulatory, quality assurance measures and best practices
- Collaborates in the development of strategies to correct, improve or create innovative approaches to service the requirements of our clients and our patients
- Collaborates with all functional areas of the business to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on the current best medical evidence and current best practice guidelines.
- Identifies trends and patterns via analysis of data; recommends resolution and provides perspective (the why’s) in collaboration with other RMDs and the Medical Operations Leadership Team.
- Facilitates utilization of high value downstream providers and facilities
- Leading and supporting efforts to leverage technology to improve the member experience and outcomes while facilitating a clinical culture that preserves the trusted patient/provider relationship
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of corporate initiatives, directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates
- Supports and leads the vision, mission and values of the company
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the region
- Ensures standardization and consistency of medical procedures/processes across the region/organization
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of Medical Leaders and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- Oversees and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care
- Patient/Client Advocacy Liaison; responsive to quality and service issues and provides intervention when critical issues arise
- Provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Presents data/medical findings and functions as a medical expert consultant for client-facing meetings and sales presentations
- Oversees the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Other projects as required to address specific regional business or medical needs
- MD or DO degree.
- Board certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Preventive Medicine or Occupational Medicine
- 7 – 10 years minimum in Primary Care or Emergency Medicine
- At least 3 years of primary care practice experience
- Minimum 5 years of management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Functional use of Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs, specifically Electronic Medical Record(EMR etc.) experience
- MPH or equivalent experience in Occupation Health preferred
- Demonstrated experience in effective presentations to a wide variety of audiences, including medical, human resources, benefits, and environmental health and safety professionals.
- Demonstrated experience functioning as a change agent, change champion, and/or change leader.
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience managing in a virtual environment
- Demonstrated experience in effective presentation skills to corporate executives
- Experience in multi-site management preferred
- Experience with Epic Ambulatory
- Innovative and forward thinking
- Recognized exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of organizations both internal and external
- Advanced skills and knowledge in organizational change management
- Preferred Knowledge:
- Onsite models of care
- Various payment models for Primary Care reimbursement
- Models of virtual care (Telemedicine/Telehealth)
- Population Health Management Strategies
- Wellness Coaching models
- Multidisciplinary care delivery models (Providers, Nurses, PT, Coaches, Behavioral Health, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, Care coordinators)
- Integrated System Delivery models
This job operates in an office, and remote setting. This role requires travel on a regular basis.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs