Medical Assistant (MA)Requisition Number 19-3646 Job Location San Antonio, Texas
We have an opening for a PRN Medical Assistantto work at ouremployer health centerlocated inSan Antonio, TX!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
- Work front office duties and back office as needed.
- Schedules appointments and makes follow up phone calls to patients
- Performs administrative tasks, completes appropriate client company and OSHA regulated forms, and provides assistance at front desk
- Keys data into computer to maintain clinic and patient records
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients' charts
- Prepares treatment rooms and patients for examination
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests
- Gives injections or treatments and performs routine laboratory tests
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited Medical Assistant training program
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is preferred
- Certification or eligibility for certification as a Medical Assistant from the American Academy of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologist Organization, the National Center for Competency Testing or current registration with the American Registry of Medical Assistants
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs