Dental AssistantRequisition Number 23-5023 Job Location San Antonio, Texas
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We have an outstanding opportunity for a PRN Dental Assistant to join the amazing team at our Employer Health Center located in San Antonio, TX.
Center Hours: M, W, F - 8am-6pm; T, TH - 7am-6pm and Sat. 8am-12pm.
- Provide chair side assistance to dental providers in the performance of dental procedures, to include operative, preventive, periodontal, endodontic, prosthetic, and all other dental procedures as needed.
- Prepare, sterilize, organize, and set-up dental equipment to ensure that all dental sterilization guidelines are followed according to dental guidelines.
- Monitor and maintain dental inventory, supplies and equipment (i.e. compressor, evacuator system, sterilizers, and light curing units etc.) in accordance with manufacture guidelines.
- Take dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders; assist in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Help develop and participate in all performance improvement activity relating to dental practice, and ensure the dental component complies with all regulatory requirements and standards.
- Provide excellent internal/external customer service via telephone, fax or face-to-face contact to assist patients with their health care needs.
- Provide patient management during dental procedures to include: instrument transfer, isolation, oral evacuation, retraction, and preparation of dental instruments and materials to include mixing filling and impression materials, charting examination and treatment results in patients’ dental records.
- Maintain daily logs on daily maintenance procedures.
- Maintain dental laboratory slips creating dental records of incoming and outgoing dental cases.
- Maintain proper maintenance of dental charts and dental forms.
- Provide patients with written and oral post-operative instructions for dental procedures.
- Teach patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health; i.e. tooth brushing, flossing, and nutritional counseling.
- Take accurate patient history and vital signs.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Documentation of state/national license/registration (ie: Dental Assisting National Board – Certified Dental Assistant - DANB CDA) to include copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number as applicable
- Copy of Radiation Safety/X-ray Certificate or equivalent if not DANB CDA as required by state dental board
- CPR (BLS for community/lay responder or Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer- the copy must include the front and back of card. Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- Must be a graduate from an accredited Dental Assistant Program or have a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Previous experience with digital imaging preferred.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More