Diabetes Educator RN
Premise Health registered nurses are the heart of our healthcare team. With a listening ear and a helping hand, our nurses create a welcoming environment where patients can talk about their concerns, connect with their providers and take good care of their health. Premise RNs are experts in a variety of roles, including primary care, occupational health, health risk condition management, health center management, case management and wellness coaching. Premise cares deeply about our team members’ wellbeing. We are dedicated to supporting a healthy work-life balance in addition to competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, company-sponsored wellness programs and more.
Who we serve
- 94 Net Promoter Score
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Our team members are what makes working at Premise Health great! These are a few of the traits that get us excited.
- Team player
“Premise has given me the opportunity to use another side of my brain I never thought I’d have the opportunity to explore as a nurse. Not only am I fortunate enough to be involved in amazing patient care, but I have now developed strategy, business, and client relationship skills that are invaluable in today’s ever changing healthcare landscape.”– Mary Karner, Director of Client Operations, MAOL, BSN, RN, CEN
“I love that emphasis is placed on spending plenty of time with our patients in order to make the most meaningful impact on their health status, today that’s essentially non-existent in other healthcare organizations.”– Jonathan Cueto, Health Center Manager
Diabetes Educator RNRequisition Number 23-82 Job Location Raleigh, North Carolina
Excellent opportunity for a Full-Time Diabetes Educator RN to join our busy Employee Health Center located in Raleigh, NC.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provides condition specific self-care education and coaching to client employees enrolled in the Be Well with Diabetes (BWWD) Program for employees of Wake County. This is a diabetes education program that focuses on the use of connected devices to empower members to understand how they can live their best life with diabetes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports a proactive, multidisciplinary, technology focused team approach directed toward educating and empowering members with diabetes.
- Delivers one on one and/or group in person coaching sessions in the areas of weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance and general health
- Establishes supportive relationship with client employee
- Assesses member’s educational/clinical needs, prioritizing and individualizing program based on elicited information
- Collaborates with the full scope of clinical team members to arrange for further medical treatment when needed
- Designs interventions with the member to improve outcomes
- Participates in outreach to members eligible for the BWWD program
- Assists in the development and capture of data to measure outcomes,
- assists in the analysis of data for quality improvement
- interprets study results
- identifies limitations and barriers and recommends alternatives
- Serves as member advocate
- Develops and presents educational services for associated persons or departments as appropriate
- Acts as a collaborating member of Care Team meetings
- Coaches effectively in-person and by phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
- Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in North Carolina
- Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist National Certification (preferred)
- Current Wellness Coach Certification from Wellcoaches® OR equivalent International Coach Federation-accredited program certification (must be obtained within 24 months of hire)
- Current hands-on training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers required
- At least three years’ experience as a Registered Nurse caring for members with Type 1 and/or Type 2 Diabetes
- Experience working with diabetes technology devices
- Experience in Condition Management, Case Management, Care Coordination, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) a plus (preferred)
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
What Premise Health Offers You
Along with medical, dental, and vision, Premise offers virtual behavioral health, pharmacy and 401(k) plan to just name a few!
Work Life Balance
10 company holidays plus paid time off that increases with years of service, no weekends or on call, manageable patient load in one location.
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME. Additional tuition reimbursement also available.
Competitive rate of pay, 401(k) plan, and performance-based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that reduce lifestyle risks and improve overall wellbeing.
Our Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More