Group Exercise Class InstructorApply Now Requisition Number 17-0429 Job Location Milwaukee, Wisconsin
We have an opening for a PRN Group Exercise Class Instructor to teach Spin Classes at our Corporate Fitness Centerin Milwaukee, WI!
*Class starts between 4:30PM and 5PM- Last 45 minutes*
* Availability either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday to teach 1-2 days per week*
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: Looking for someone to teach 1-5 classes a week!
- Provide “Best of Class” customer service to all Fitness Center members according to Premise Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards
- Provides exercise leadership expertise in the areas of supervised workouts, fitness testing, exercise prescriptions and group exercise instruction according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (fitness testing and exercise prescription), AFAA (for group exercise) and Premise Exercise Leadership, Fitness Floor Supervision, and Customer Service Standards
- Continuous upkeep of in-house facility duties as listed in the Premise Health Facility Appearance Policy and facility audit plan
- Assist Premise team in implementation of strategic program and marketing plans
- Assist the Health Fitness manager with monthly reporting statistics
- Ensure compliance to equipment preventative maintenance schedule and immediately report any facility or equipment issues
- Assist in the establishment and on-going coordination of the membership database/adherence program
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the site manager
- Partner with fitness team and related departments to provide optimal performance of the Fitness Center to meet the needs and satisfaction of client
- Address customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution
- Execute safe and effective fitness services
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASS INSTRUCTOR
Job Title: Group Exercise Class Instructor
Reports to: Health Fitness Manager
FLSA status: Hourly, Non Exempt
Summary: This selected candidate will be teaching Group Exercise Classes to Fitness Center members of all fitness level (beginners to advanced). He/she must be willing to instruct/coach group workouts/lessons as needed.
Provide group exercise class instruction to the employees at the site location Monitor equipment to ensure proper functional status
Required Qualifications: One to three years of experience and be able to provide 2 references or a group exercise class certification (required for step, spin, yoga and pilates, optional for tai chi, self defense and other specialty classes) Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services First Aid Certification
Preferred Qualifications: Group exercise class certification – through ACE, AFAA, other health organization Group exercise class instruction experience Specialty class certification for specialty class instruction
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible evenings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to withstand strenuous activity including exercising, stretching, standing; walking; sitting and using hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.