Licensed Practical Nurse/Licensed Vocational Nurse (LPN/LVN)Requisition Number 20-1047 Job Location Memphis, Tennessee
We have an opening for a Full Time LPN/LVN to work at our employer health center located in Memphis, TN!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 600 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Provides prescribed medical treatment and personal care services to ill or injured client employees in healthcare clinics by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews patient to determine medical problem/condition and documents in chart for physician
- Obtains and records patient's vital signs and weight
- Assists physician with patient examination as needed
- Reviews physician's orders, lab requests, or follow-up needs with patient
- Documents services performed on appropriate forms
- Dresses wounds as instructed.
- Applies compresses, ice and heat packs
- Observes patients and reports adverse reactions to medication or treatment to medical personnel in charge
- Administers specified medication, orally or by subcutaneous or intermuscular injection, and notes time and amount on patients' charts
- Assembles and uses clinic equipment
- Collects samples, such as urine, blood, and sputum, from patients for testing and performs routine laboratory tests on samples
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies
- Cleans rooms and changes linens
- Maintains supplies, including stocking and ordering new supplies and disposing of expired or damaged supplies
- Responds to patient or client telephone inquiries by evaluating and responding to the patient's/clients problems and questions
- Follows up with patients who miss appointments
- Follows up with patients on lab results, including the scheduling of any additional tests
- Coordinates referrals for patients through insurance and other physician offices.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited program, Associate's degree (A.S.) and/or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- Licensed as a Practical or Vocational Nurse, Current Certification in Basic Life Support is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on scope of contract services.
- At least three years of clinical experience as a LPN/LVN in an ambulatory care, occupational health, or emergency department setting.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Strong computer skills (Internet software, spreadsheet, word processing etc.) preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs