Lead Primary Care Physician
Premise Health physicians practice primary care or occupational medicine nationwide at our onsite and nearsite centers and digitally through our 24/7 virtual health platform. You are freed from administrative burdens and are able to deliver care in a unique way by spending more time interacting with patients. Our physicians carry diverse caseloads while enjoying work-life balance. Premise offers a variety of roles including collaborating physician, staff physician and physician medical director. By shifting the conversation from treatment to prevention, we are committed to helping people, their families and the forward-thinking organizations they work for, be at their very best.
- Full time, part time,
- Meaningful work
- 87 Net Promoter
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Physician at Premise Health? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Other Traits We're Looking For:
- Digitally savvy
- Team player
- Good listener
If you are a physician that would love to focus on what you went to school for, to practice good medicine without constraints of time, Premise Health affords you the opportunity to do so.
With Premise Health, I’m finally able to practice medicine the way I’ve always wanted to.
Why Work With Us
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability.
Competitive rate of pay; generous 401K plan and performance base incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that empower healthy team members, while reducing lifestyle risks and improving overall well-being.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
Generous paid time off that increases with years of service.
Lead Primary Care PhysicianRequisition Number 19-3263 Job Location Maryville, Tennessee
Premise Health is seeking a Medical Director to provide primary care and clinical leadership at our state of the art on-site outpatient clinic at Denso Corp in Maryville, TN! Denso is Maryville, TN's largest employer, and the city boasts a low cost of living, excellent school systems, is located close to metro Knoxville, and is the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains.
What makes a Premise Health Medical Director role unique?
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center.
- Works in tandem with health center manager/supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed.
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the health center manager/supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site.
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center.
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; occupational health, primary care, pharmacy/PC integration, integrative medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of risk management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the health center manager.
- Minimum Educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS.
- 3-5 years experience in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings, primary care or emergency medicine or board eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Current certification in AHA or ARC basic life support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may be required.
- 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare, apply today to join one of our 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country.
Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs