Primary Care Physician
By shifting the conversation from treatment to prevention, Premise Health physicians enjoy a career of making a difference in the lives of patients they meet. Whether primary care, occupational health or digitally through our 24/7 virtual health platform you are freed from the administrative burdens of traditional care settings and able to deliver care in a unique way by spending more quality time getting to know patients and their history. Premise cares deeply about our team members’ wellbeing and is dedicated to supporting a healthy work-life balance in addition to competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, company-sponsored wellness programs and more.
- Mission-focused work environment
- Full-time, part-time, PRN and collaborative
- 94 Net Promoter Score
"At Premise Health, our 500 physicians share a devotion to helping others get, stay, and be well. We know this is why so many doctors entered the medical profession to begin with, and this commitment remains fundamental to what we do."Dr. Jon Leizman Chief Medical Officer
"As a physician in a leadership role, I am continually supported at the clinical and operational levels. I can always expect great accessibility and timely communication from both my colleagues and advisors. This is a great place to work!"- Dr. Laura
"My work at Premise reminds me why I choose to practice medicine. At Premise I am able to make a difference in the lives of the individuals and families who I see... I am part of a supportive and respectful team that extends beyond my clinic to include other Premise sites and our corporate leadership."- Dr. Sean Sharma
"At Premise Health I've come to love my practice, enjoy my team members and continuously learn from colleagues."- Dr. Lowell Fernander
Primary Care PhysicianRequisition Number 22-4574 Job Location Lake Mary, Florida
Premise Health is seeking a physician to provide primary care one day per week Tuesdays, at our employer based direct care clinic in Lake Mary, FL
Provides direct medical care to client company employees and family members ages 2 and up, Tuesdays 7AM-11AM
- Provides episodic, preventive, and acute health care to patients.
- May provide occupational health services (i.e., post-offer physicals, occupational surveillance exams, medical monitoring, return to work exams and Worker’s Compensation medical guidance) in some health centers
- Conducts histories and physical examinations and prescribes medications and/or medical treatments based on best practice standards
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
- May formulate and administer health programs as needed
- Graduate of an accredited medical school
- At least three years of post-residency clinical experience
- Experience in a primary care, urgent care or emergency room setting. (Occupational healthcare experience may apply in some clinics).
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located
- Must be Board Certified in Occupational Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine by the AOA or ABMS or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas. If Board Eligible, must take certification exam with the AOA or ABMS within twelve months of date of hire
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) Certification may be required for some positions
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
What Premise Health Offers You
Along with medical, dental, and vision, Premise offers virtual behavioral health, pharmacy and 401(k) plan to just name a few!
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Competitive rate of pay, 401(k) plan, and performance-based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that reduce lifestyle risks and improve overall wellbeing.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
10 company holidays plus paid time off that increases with years of service, no weekends or on call, manageable patient load in one location.
Dr. Jonathan Leizman Offers Business Insider Expert Advice on What you Can and Can’t Do Once Vaccinated
With all states now rolling out vaccines to the general public, most U.S. adults could be vaccinated by summer, if not sooner. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released basic guidelines for vaccinated Americans, but quite a few common scenarios have not been addressed. Dr. Jonathan Leizman, chief medical officer at Premise Health, offered Business Insider his expert advice on these common, yet confusing scenarios.Read More
Dr. Jonathan Leizman of Premise Health Offers Insight on When Vaccinated Workers Should Wear Masks
A recent survey by life insurance company Haven Life indicates a current divide over vaccine requirements and wearing masks in the workplace. Premise Health chief medical officer, Dr. Jonathan Leizman, weighs in to clear up confusion surrounding key questions on COVID-19 and the workplace.Read More
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jon Leizman Offers Expert COVID-19 Vaccine Advice to Huffington Post
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout in the United States has been chaotic, but the bottom line is this: Two highly safe and effective vaccines are available, and millions of doses have already been given. Each state determines who gets priority in its vaccine rollout, and while there are similarities (all states put health care workers who spend time around infected patients at the top of their lists), the plans vary.Read More
Click here to see more
Our Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs