PharmacistRequisition Number 23-238 Job Location Jackson, Mississippi
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We are looking for a PRN Pharmacist to join the amazing team at our Employer Health Center located in Jackson, MS.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provide specialized pharmaceutical services to improve drug usage and therapeutic outcomes including advising physicians on issues concerning drug therapy, the inherent toxicity of drugs and side effects, as well as assisting in the prescription of appropriate doses.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate the activities of assigned pharmacy technicians engaged in the preparation, labeling and delivery of medications and other pharmaceutical supplies in accordance with physicians' prescriptions; ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations pertaining to the dispensing of drugs and controlled drugs and the maintenance of required records.
- Maintain liaison relationships with medical and nursing staff; provide timely information pertaining to pharmaceutical supplies, drug usage and compatibility, state and federal regulations regarding drug controls, and Joint Commission standards.
- Conduct and evaluate medication histories, assess compliance and suggest modifications so as to achieve desired outcomes; instruct patients in the proper use of prescribed drugs.
- Individualize medication regimens using sound principles, accounting for pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic variations in drug absorption, distribution, metabolism and elimination with responsibility for establishing and continually improving the delivery of pharmaceutical care to patients within areas of direct responsibility and assisting others in the department with the same.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree or BS Pharmacy Degree
- Appropriate State Pharmacist License
- Two years of clinical experience or acceptable board certification, or completion of an accredited clinical residency program and a demonstrated ability to achieve positive patient outcomes in a similar environment (required for those with BS Pharmacy degree)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet and Word Processing software
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More