ParamedicRequisition Number 23-1585 Job Location Huntsville, Alabama
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities.
We are looking for an full time, Paramedic to join the amazing team at our Employer Health Center located in Huntsville, AL.
The shift is a rotating shift 4 days one week 3 the next and it is from 6pm-6am.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
As an employee dealing mostly with emergencies, the Paramedic must be committed and focused. To be effective in the job, the ideal candidate must be very competent and knowledgeable as well as self-motivated and compassionate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Initiates intravenous fluids to administer medication or drugs, or to replace fluids lacking in body
- Administers injections of medications and drugs
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited Paramedic training program, Paramedic Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current hands on certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Advanced Life Support required
- ACLS certification is required for all Paramedics
- NY Paramedics – based on city and county: Regional Emergency Medical Service Council (REMSCO), Regional Emergency Medical Advisory Committee (REMAC), Regional Emergency Medical Organization (REMO) Certifications (NYRA Aqueduct & Belmont must have NYC REMAC and Nassau County REMSCO –have 30 days to obtain REMSCO; NYRA Saratoga must have REMO)
- At least three years’ experience as an EMT-P in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification
- React well under pressure
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. *
*Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More