Premise Health physicians practice primary care or occupational medicine nationwide at our onsite and nearsite centers and digitally through our 24/7 virtual health platform. You are freed from administrative burdens and are able to deliver care in a unique way by spending more time interacting with patients. Our physicians carry diverse caseloads while enjoying work-life balance. Premise offers a variety of roles including collaborating physician, staff physician and physician medical director. By shifting the conversation from treatment to prevention, we are committed to helping people, their families and the forward-thinking organizations they work for, be at their very best.
- Full time, part time,
- Meaningful work
- 87 Net Promoter
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Physician at Premise Health? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Other Traits We're Looking For:
- Digitally savvy
- Team player
- Good listener
If you are a physician that would love to focus on what you went to school for, to practice good medicine without constraints of time, Premise Health affords you the opportunity to do so.
With Premise Health, I’m finally able to practice medicine the way I’ve always wanted to.
Why Work With Us
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability.
Competitive rate of pay; generous 401K plan and performance base incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that empower healthy team members, while reducing lifestyle risks and improving overall well-being.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
Generous paid time off that increases with years of service.
Medical DirectorRequisition Number 19-3519 Job Location Huntington, West Virginia
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for this specific health center.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center.
- Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provide episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Conduct histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed.
- Provide referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients.
- Participate in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Maintain electronic medical records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site.
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes.
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data.
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff.
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the company.
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center.
- Ensure the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center.
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates.
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers.
- May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care.
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues.
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships.
- Perform annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Health Center Manager.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum educational requirements:
- MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice, Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS.
- 3-5 years minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational health settings, Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas.
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification. Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state within which the site is located.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations.
- Medical Review Officer (MRO) certification, in some cases may be required
Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs