Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA)Requisition Number 19-3931 Job Location Houston, Texas
We have an opening for a Full Time Physical Therapy Assistant to work at our employer health center located at theHouston Airport (IAH) in Houston, TX!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Administers physical therapy treatments to patients, working under direction of and as assistant to Physical Therapist, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Administers active and passive manual therapeutic exercises, therapeutic massage, and heat, light, sound, water, and electrical modality treatments such as ultrasound, electrical stimulation, ultraviolet, infrared, and hot and cold packs.
- Administers traction to relieve neck and back pain.
- Instructs, motivates, and assists patients to learn and improve functional activities such as perambulation, transfer, ambulation, and daily living activities.
- Observes patients during treatments and compiles and evaluates data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and reports orally or in writing to Physical Therapist.
- Fits patients for, adjusts, and trains patients in use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confers with members of physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Performs clerical duties such as taking inventory, ordering supplies, answering telephone, taking messages, and filling out forms.
- Measures patient's range-of-joint motion, length and girth of body parts, and vital signs to determine effects of specific treatments or to assist Physical Therapist to compile data for patient evaluations.
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree from an approved/accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Certified or Licensed as a Physical Therapy Assistant if applicable in practicing State.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for medical provider is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- At least two years’ experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant in an outpatient orthopedic, occupational health, or other ambulatory care clinic.
- Experience in an occupational health clinic preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and/or an EMR.
- Knowledge about workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
This job operates in a clinic setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee may be required to lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs