PRN Mobile Phlebotomist / Health Screener
Premise Health Registered Nurse roles are quite unlike any other. You will be able to spend a large portion of your time in front of patients doing what you do best – providing the services and advice that help people feel better and lead healthier, happier lives. Our nurses deliver the right care at the right time where patients work at onsite and nearsite health centers. A Premise Health RN can work in a primary, acute, or occupational health center in collaboration with other members of the health team. Premise offers a variety of roles including primary care or occupational health registered nurse, RN health center manager and supervisor, RN case manager, RN health risk condition management and RN wellness coach.
- Full time, part time,
- Meaningful work
- 87 Net Promoter
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Registered Nurse (RN) at Premise Health? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Other Traits We're Looking For:
- Digitally Savvy
- Team Player
Why Work With Us
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability.
Competitive rate of pay; generous 401K plan and performance based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that empower healthy team members, while reducing lifestyle risks and improving overall well-being.
Dedicated time off as well as an annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
Generous paid time off that increases with years of service.
PRN Mobile Phlebotomist / Health ScreenerRequisition Number 20-1486 Job Location Grand Junction, Colorado
eHealthScreenings, a Premise Health Company that specializes in national biometric screenings, has open Mobile Phlebotomist / Health Screener opportunities available in your area.
In this position the Mobile Phlebotomist / Health Screeners are responsible for performing biometric health screenings for our clients throughout the city and the surrounding areas. This is a PRN, as-needed position, and our PRN events typically take place during the weekday mornings and last 4-6 hours on average. This is not and will never be a full-time position with steady hours each week or month and is perfect for those seeking a flexible schedule or as a supplemental job during the weekdays.
This position will pay $20-$30 per hour and offers a mileage reimbursement for travel over 40 miles.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform and record biometric testing results including, but not limited to height, weight, blood pressure, body fat, and BMI (Body Mass Index)
- Blood testing including finger stick and / or venipuncture blood draws
- Candidates with proven experience in performing venipuncture blood draws will be required to do so in a fast-paced environment; providing it is needed during the screening events
- Preparation of specimens for storage or additional processing
- Set up and break down portable blood draw / biometric station(s)
- May need to transport supplies to and from health screening events (lifting 10-20 lbs.)
- Maintains the logs and records for all Laboratory transactions and information in accordance with department and regulatory requirements
- May require other duties as assigned
Education: minimum High School diploma or GED is required
REQUIRED for ALL finger stick and venipuncture Technicians:
REQUIRED WITH NO EXCEPTIONS: You must have a current CPR or BLS from a live, hands-on training class in order to be considered for this position and will not be scheduled for a phone interview without one.
Also REQUIRED for venipuncture Technicians from Louisiana, Nevada, Washington, and California: Must be certified in Phlebotomy as required at the state level.
Also REQUIRED for venipuncture Technicians from the other 46 states: Certification in one of the following:
Current National Certification in Phlebotomy or Medical Assisting from *American Association of Medical Assistants, American Medical Technologists, National Center for Competency Testing, American Registry of Medical Assistants, American Allied Health, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, or National Health Career Association (required for WA and LA)
Certificate/Diploma WITH TRANSCRIPTS from an accredited Phlebotomy/Medical Assistant program with hands on externship completed and passed. Total on-line courses will not be accepted;
RN with documentation of current state license/registration (e.g. copy of actual license, verification of license, or email including license number)
- Must have a minimum 1 year of experience of Health Screening or Phlebotomy experience
Over 100 successful finger sticks within the last year or, if you do venipuncture blood draws, a minimum of 200 successful venipuncture blood draws within the last 6 months
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be available to work a PRN, event-driven position, primarily during the weekday mornings; this is not a full or part-time 'steady hours' type of position and if you are truly seeking a full-time job, this would not be the right opportunity for you
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Punctual, responsible, and able to work with limited supervision
- Possess professional demeanor and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to show proof of professional credentialing
- Ability to pass a full background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be computer / internet savvy
- Knowledge and skills necessary to collect blood samples from patients
- Ability to work independently, in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with safety and organizational policies and procedures
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred
If you are looking for a position in the growing industry of Biometric Health Screening, prefer a flexible schedule, and NOT a full-time position, and you meet the qualifications listed above, please apply today! We will be reviewing all resumes and scheduling immediate phone interviews for all qualified candidates once we receive the proper credentials as outlined above.
Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs