Primary Care Medical Director
By shifting the conversation from treatment to prevention, Premise Health physicians enjoy a career of making a difference in the lives of patients they meet. Whether primary care, occupational health or digitally through our 24/7 virtual health platform you are freed from the administrative burdens of traditional care settings and able to deliver care in a unique way by spending more quality time getting to know patients and their history. Premise cares deeply about our team members’ wellbeing and is dedicated to supporting a healthy work-life balance in addition to competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, company-sponsored wellness programs and more.
- Mission-focused work environment
- Full-time, part-time, PRN and collaborative
- 94 Net Promoter Score
"At Premise Health, our 500 physicians share a devotion to helping others get, stay, and be well. We know this is why so many doctors entered the medical profession to begin with, and this commitment remains fundamental to what we do."Dr. Jon Leizman Chief Medical Officer
"As a physician in a leadership role, I am continually supported at the clinical and operational levels. I can always expect great accessibility and timely communication from both my colleagues and advisors. This is a great place to work!"- Dr. Laura
"My work at Premise reminds me why I choose to practice medicine. At Premise I am able to make a difference in the lives of the individuals and families who I see... I am part of a supportive and respectful team that extends beyond my clinic to include other Premise sites and our corporate leadership."- Dr. Sean Sharma
"At Premise Health I've come to love my practice, enjoy my team members and continuously learn from colleagues."- Dr. Lowell Fernander
Primary Care Medical DirectorRequisition Number 23-643 Job Location Foster City, California
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment.
- Provides a spectrum of high-quality, person-focused, and often comprehensive health care services that may include episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client.
- Oversees the site(s) clinical practices and procedures.
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives.
- Drives outcomes for site across clinical programs Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account.
- May meet with prospective physician and provider candidates to support assessment of clinical quality and cultural fit. May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- Partners with DCO and operations team members to drive member engagement and increased utilization.
- Demonstrates clinical subject matter expertise appropriate to the services rendered at the health center.
- May serve as collaborative physician for advanced practice providers.
- Other duties as assigned to support the safe and effective operation and function of the heath center(s), business, and to ensure that services meet standards of high-quality, cost-effective care.
- Licensed to practice medicine in each state of practice/oversite
- Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice/oversite)
- State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your state
- Current board certificate (ABMS, AMA or AOA) or board eligibility must sit for boards with 1 year of hire
- CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as applicable) Certification must include “hands on” evaluation of skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association (AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
- 3 – 5 years minimum in family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or occupational health settings
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry may be preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
- Knowledge and experience with electronic medical records strongly preferred.
What Premise Health Offers You
Along with medical, dental, and vision, Premise offers virtual behavioral health, pharmacy and 401(k) plan to just name a few!
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Competitive rate of pay, 401(k) plan, and performance-based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that reduce lifestyle risks and improve overall wellbeing.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
10 company holidays plus paid time off that increases with years of service, no weekends or on call, manageable patient load in one location.
Dr. Jonathan Leizman Offers Business Insider Expert Advice on What you Can and Can’t Do Once Vaccinated
With all states now rolling out vaccines to the general public, most U.S. adults could be vaccinated by summer, if not sooner. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has released basic guidelines for vaccinated Americans, but quite a few common scenarios have not been addressed. Dr. Jonathan Leizman, chief medical officer at Premise Health, offered Business Insider his expert advice on these common, yet confusing scenarios.Read More
Dr. Jonathan Leizman of Premise Health Offers Insight on When Vaccinated Workers Should Wear Masks
A recent survey by life insurance company Haven Life indicates a current divide over vaccine requirements and wearing masks in the workplace. Premise Health chief medical officer, Dr. Jonathan Leizman, weighs in to clear up confusion surrounding key questions on COVID-19 and the workplace.Read More
Chief Medical Officer Dr. Jon Leizman Offers Expert COVID-19 Vaccine Advice to Huffington Post
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout in the United States has been chaotic, but the bottom line is this: Two highly safe and effective vaccines are available, and millions of doses have already been given. Each state determines who gets priority in its vaccine rollout, and while there are similarities (all states put health care workers who spend time around infected patients at the top of their lists), the plans vary.Read More
Click here to see more
Our Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More