Premise Health registered nurses are the heart of our healthcare team. With a listening ear and a helping hand, our nurses create a welcoming environment where patients can talk about their concerns, connect with their providers and take good care of their health. Premise RNs are experts in a variety of roles, including primary care, occupational health, health risk condition management, health center management, case management and wellness coaching. Premise cares deeply about our team members’ wellbeing. We are dedicated to supporting a healthy work-life balance in addition to competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, paid holidays, vacation time, company-sponsored wellness programs and more.
Who we serve
- 94 Net Promoter Score
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
Our team members are what makes working at Premise Health great! These are a few of the traits that get us excited.
- Team player
“Premise has given me the opportunity to use another side of my brain I never thought I’d have the opportunity to explore as a nurse. Not only am I fortunate enough to be involved in amazing patient care, but I have now developed strategy, business, and client relationship skills that are invaluable in today’s ever changing healthcare landscape.”– Mary Karner, Director of Client Operations, MAOL, BSN, RN, CEN
“I love that emphasis is placed on spending plenty of time with our patients in order to make the most meaningful impact on their health status, today that’s essentially non-existent in other healthcare organizations.”– Jonathan Cueto, Health Center Manager
Paramedic (PRN)Requisition Number 23-514 Job Location Elmont, New York
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are proud to partner with The New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) and we are currently looking for a PRN Paramedic to join our team at the Aqueduct Racetrack and Belmont Park, located in Elmont, NY and South Ozone Park (Queens), NY.
This PRN Paramedic will work onsite at the NYRA Aqueduct Racetrack and Belmont Park. Minimum of 4 shifts (tours) per month required. Hours and shift may vary, 7 days/week between 5am-7pm. Ideally seeking candidates with previous 911 or transport experience. Must obtain NYC REMSCO Certification and Nassau County Certification.
- Assesses nature and extent of illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed, or need for additional assistance
- Restores and stabilizes heart rhythm on pulseless, nonbreathing patient
- Monitors cardiac patient
- Administers initial treatment at emergency scene and takes and records patient's vital signs
- Observes, records, and reports to physician patient's condition, treatments, and significant incidents
- Initiates intravenous fluids to administer medication or drugs, or to replace fluids lacking in body
- Administers injections of medications and drugs
- Assists in extricating trapped victims and transports sick and injured persons to treatment center
- Communicates with physician, and other medical personnel in person and by radio-telephone
- Keeps current on treatment techniques, protocol changes, material, and equipment.
- Prepares required reports and maintains records of activities
- May drive mobile unit to and from emergency scene
- Cleans assigned emergency vehicle
- Requisitions and restocks supplies, material, and equipment
- Conducts safety inspections and restocking of first aid supplies as directed
- May require other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited Paramedic training program, Paramedic Certification as defined within the state in which contract exists
- Current hands on certification in health care provider ARC or AHA Advanced Life Support required
- ACLS certification is required for all Paramedics
- At least three years’ experience as an EMT-P in an emergency room, with an ambulance/EMS service, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic
For individuals living in New York City only, Premise Health is required to include an estimate of the salary and benefits for this role. While a number of factors influence salary, our estimated New York City compensation is $25.00-$27.00 per hour. Please note, this is a general guideline and your experience qualifications, geographic location, and other factors will be taken into consideration.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.
What Premise Health Offers You
Along with medical, dental, and vision, Premise offers virtual behavioral health, pharmacy and 401(k) plan to just name a few!
Work Life Balance
10 company holidays plus paid time off that increases with years of service, no weekends or on call, manageable patient load in one location.
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME. Additional tuition reimbursement also available.
Competitive rate of pay, 401(k) plan, and performance-based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that reduce lifestyle risks and improve overall wellbeing.
Our Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs
Life at Premise Health
Jobs For Veterans
We’re committed to making your transition to Premise Health simple.Learn More
We've built a remarkable corporate culture around innovation.Learn More
We want you to get the most from your health and wellness benefits program.Learn More