PhlebotomistApply Now Requisition Number 17-3156 Job Location Elko, Nevada
We have an opening for aPRN Phlebotomistto provide coverage at our employer health centers in Elko, NV!
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Perform routine blood draws, provide assistance for lab procedures and route labs as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to collect blood samples from patients
- Works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner in accordance with safety and organizational policies and procedures
- Demonstrates problem solving prevention skills equal to the expected level of responsibility for the job
- Assists with supply inventory
- May instruct phlebotomy procedure to new employees
- Understands and abides by all of the BSFHC infection control guidelines and safety procedures; know location and use of MSDS material and use of emergency equipment
- This role has no supervisory responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned care of patients seen in the health care clinic in the absence of the Medical Leader
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- High School diploma
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required
- NCA or ASCP Certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Record
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
- 2-3 years of phlebotomy experience in a healthcare environment or satisfactory completion of an approved phlebotomy course and completion of 100 hours of clinical experience