Medical Director Outpatient Primary care
Premise Health physicians practice primary care or occupational medicine nationwide at our onsite and nearsite centers and digitally through our 24/7 virtual health platform. You are freed from administrative burdens and are able to deliver care in a unique way by spending more time interacting with patients. Our physicians carry diverse caseloads while enjoying work-life balance. Premise offers a variety of roles including collaborating physician, staff physician and physician medical director. By shifting the conversation from treatment to prevention, we are committed to helping people, their families and the forward-thinking organizations they work for, be at their very best.
- Full time, part time,
- Meaningful work
- 87 Net Promoter
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Physician at Premise Health? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Other Traits We're Looking For:
- Digitally savvy
- Team player
- Good listener
If you are a physician that would love to focus on what you went to school for, to practice good medicine without constraints of time, Premise Health affords you the opportunity to do so.
With Premise Health, I’m finally able to practice medicine the way I’ve always wanted to.
Why Work With Us
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability.
Competitive rate of pay; generous 401K plan and performance base incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that empower healthy team members, while reducing lifestyle risks and improving overall well-being.
Dedicated time off and annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
Generous paid time off that increases with years of service.
Medical Director Outpatient Primary careRequisition Number 20-2090 Job Location Elko, Nevada
Premise Health, the nation's leading provider of employer based direct care is looking for a Medical Director to provide clinical leadership and patient care at their outpatient primary care health center in Elko, NV
We are currently offering a $30,000 sign on/Relocation bonus for this role
Who we are:Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 600 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 275 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Physical Location:Elko, Nevada. Elkoissituated in the heart of Northeastern Nevada-offering many attractions, andreasonable cost of living, and renowned school system.Elko is a quick drive from the beautiful Ruby Mountains, Salt Lake City or Reno.The community has all the charm and quality of life of a small town,matched with all the drama of the unspoiled AmericanWest.
Scope of care:Family Medicine. Ages 2 and older
Benefits:$30,000 sign on bonus,Matching 401k, 34 paid days off, CME allowance, paid malpractice with tail, and more.
What makes this opportunity unique:
- Practice evidence based medicine where you are not paid for production
- Bottom line is measured by the quality of patient care
- A work life balance that is not just promised
- A collaborative approach with a focus on each individual patient
- Practice in a supportive, collaborative environment
- Less paperwork and administration time
- Ability to tap into a national clinical information infrastructure
The Medical Director reports directly to the Director, Client Operations, administratively, and to the Regional Medical Director, clinically. The Medical Director is responsible for the medical leadership, clinical oversight and patient care for the Medical Center.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the Medical Center
- Works in tandem with the Medical Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, and/or primary healthcare to patients, depending on the needs of the Client;
- Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment;
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients, as well as educates and advises patients on medical issues, as needed
- Provides referrals, both internally and externally, to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual Medical Center goals and objectives
- Maintains Electronic Medical Record software
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care
- Schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
- Identifies emergency situations, and provides care within the legal scope of practice
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the Medical Center environment by utilizing effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Minimum educational requirement: MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice,
Internal Medicine and/or Occupational Health by the AOA or ABMS
- 3 – 5 years’ minimum in Family practice, emergency room, ambulatory care, or Occupational Health settings,Primary Care or Emergency Medicine or Board Eligible in aforementioned practice areas
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for healthcare providers,Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs