Registered Nurse (RN)
Premise Health Registered Nurse roles are quite unlike any other. You will be able to spend a large portion of your time in front of patients doing what you do best – providing the services and advice that help people feel better and lead healthier, happier lives. Our nurses deliver the right care at the right time where patients work at onsite and nearsite health centers. A Premise Health RN can work in a primary, acute, or occupational health center in collaboration with other members of the health team. Premise offers a variety of roles including primary care or occupational health registered nurse, RN health center manager and supervisor, RN case manager, RN health risk condition management and RN wellness coach.
- Full time, part time,
- Meaningful work
- 87 Net Promoter
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Registered Nurse (RN) at Premise Health? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Other Traits We're Looking For:
- Digitally Savvy
- Team Player
Why Work With Us
Delivering comprehensive integrated care to help people lead healthier lives while collaborating with the onsite team.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, prescription and disability.
Competitive rate of pay; generous 401K plan and performance based incentive program.
Health and Wellness
Programs that empower healthy team members, while reducing lifestyle risks and improving overall well-being.
Dedicated time off as well as an annual stipend toward CME.
Work Life Balance
Generous paid time off that increases with years of service.
Registered Nurse (RN)Requisition Number 19-3786 Job Location East Alton, Illinois
We have an opening for a Full Time Registered Nurse to work at our employer health center located in East Alton, IL!
* Occupational Health experience strongly preferred*
*Drug and Alcohol Certified Preferred*
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Provides nursing care to client employees and/or contractors and visitors to the health center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Uses nursing skills to evaluate patient care needs, prioritize treatment, and maintain patient flow.
- Conducts a nursing assessment by taking a patient history and physical assessment and by obtaining vital signs and other medical tests. Provides treatment within scope of practice as defined by state law.
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner to arrange for further medical treatment, when needed.
- Identifies equipment that needs repair and brings it to the attention of the lead clinician.
- Performs occupational and health screening tests as defined in site contract (EKG, audiometry, spirometry, vision).
- Conducts appropriate laboratory tests and quality control procedures.
- Documents accurately all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medications administered, discharge instructions provided, and follow up care arranged.
- Evaluates health education/promotion needs of patients and provides necessary training and instruction.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice.
- Administers medications and medical treatments competently as directed by a Physician or Licensed Independent Practitioner.
- Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software).
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Follows infection control procedures.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information.
- Participates in follow up phone calls and follow up patient visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School or Associates’ degree (A.S.) is required. Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university is preferred.
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice required
- Current training in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing, Certification in Emergency Nursing, or Certificate in Case Management preferred.
- At least three years experience as a Registered Nurse in an emergency room, occupational health clinic or other ambulatory care clinic.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requirements as set forth in the specific contract for the site may include working flexible hours including evenings, nights and weekends. Travel for training may occasionally be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Cutting-Edge Health Centers
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs