Registered Nurse, Health Risk Condition ManagementRequisition Number 20-1197 Job Location Columbus, Indiana
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That's our mission and it's the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation's leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: This position includes the duties of a Health Risk and Condition Management (HRCM) RN, Care Coordinator and a Wellness Coach, depending on the products being offered at the site. Provides education and counseling to client employees identified as appropriate for any of the Condition Management program topics offered by Premise Health. Works with employees one-on-one or in small groups to assist in meeting health and wellness goals related to chronic condition self-management, weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance and general health. Assists the clinical team with coordinating care for high risk members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
HRCM RN responsibilities:
- Supports a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach directed toward prevention, education and health promotion
- Establishes supportive relationship with client employee
- Provides disease specific self-care education to client employee enrolled in the various HRDM programs
- Assesses client employee’s educational/clinical needs, prioritizing and individualizing program based on elicited information
- Acts as resource for client employees
- Documents sessions and progress into the electronic medical record
- Collaborates with Physician or other Licensed Independent Practitioner and other HRCM nurses to arrange for further medical treatment when needed
- Consults with other members of the healthcare team to solve problems and seek advice. Designs interventions to improve outcomes.
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Maintains patient privacy and confidential patient information
- Participates in outreach/follow-up phone calls and follow-up patient visits
- Shares questions and concerns with the Health Center Manager or Site Medical Leader
- Assists in the development of criteria to measure outcomes, assists in the analysis of data for quality improvement, interprets study results, identifies limitations and barriers and recommends alternatives
- Serves as patient advocate
- Develops and presents educational services for associated persons or departments as appropriate
- Acts as facilitator of Care Team meetings.
Wellness Coach responsibilities:
- Delivers one on one and/or group coaching sessions in the areas of weight, nutrition, exercise, stress, tobacco cessation, work/life balance and general health
- May coordinate and conduct wellness programs in areas such as nutrition, stress management, weight management, smoking cessation, exercise and others
- Coach effectively in-person and by phone
- Collaborates with health center staff to coordinate and promote health and wellness programs
- Works closely with third party health and wellness vendors
- May assist the Director of Site Operations in assessing and maintaining reports, evaluating the coaching program(s) & conducting ongoing evaluation of the effectiveness of the programs
- Represents the health center, as appropriate, in scheduled or ad hoc employer meetings regarding health and wellness events or strategic initiatives
- Currently licensed Registered Nurse in state of practice
- Either certified in an ICF-accredited coaching program or ability to complete Wellcoaches® certification by the end of the first year of employment
- Current certification AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Bachelor's degree (BSN) from four-year college or university (preferred)
- At least two years’ experience as a Registered Nurse caring for patients with any of the following conditions: Type 2 diabetes, asthma, heart disease, heart failure or hypertension.
- Experience working as a wellness coach
- Experience in Disease Management, Certificate in Case Management, Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) a plus (preferred)
- Experience in health promotion or work site wellness and public speaking (preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of Internet software, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs