Senior AccountantRequisition Number 19-3914 Job Location Brentwood, Tennessee
Premise Health is the world’s leading healthcare access provider. We deliver purpose-driven career experiences in a culture-centric work environment—ensuring that employees at the nation's best companies get, stay, and be well. In a changing healthcare environment, we know there's a better way for organizations to help their people live healthier lives by delivering the right care at the right time, right where they work. Partnered with visionary organizations around the globe, we offer a broad range of healthcare services and deliver an effortless patient experience that raises the bar, lowers costs, and redefines the meaning of quality care. By shifting the conversation from cost to return and from treatment to prevention, we are committed to help people, their families, and the organizations they work for be at their best.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to work at our Corporate office in Brentwood, TN!
It’s hard to pinpoint a “typical” day here (and who wants typical anyway?), but in summary, you’ll perform complex accounting duties which require additional knowledge around the operations of the accounting department. Duties include ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data related to assets, liabilities, equity, income statement and the general ledger to assist in the preparation and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual financial information to upper management.
What You’ll Do for Us:
- Prepare and review assigned balance sheet reconciliations, including documentation to support all balances
- Perform detailed review, including trend and budget to actual analysis, of site operations and corporate departments
- Prepare and post journal entries, including tax and insurance allocations
- Perform other monthly close activities as assigned
- Assist with monthly variance analysis used to compile the MD&A
- Serve as the liaison with Finance regarding site and corporate department inquiries
- Assist in the preparation of audit schedules, budgets and forecasts
- Assist in the development, documentation, and implementation of departmental accounting procedures
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the VP of Accounting, AVP of Accounting, Controller or Accounting Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Healthcare experience is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ideal candidates will have experience with Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains), Prophix and Management Reporter
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet firm deadlines within short timeframes
- Detail oriented, organized and have the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrates effective time management and work flexibility
- Takes the initiative to complete known tasks without instruction
- Able to learn complex procedures efficiently and effectively
- Ability to oversee and teach other accounting team members
- Team player who can effectively work with varying personalities
- Ability to work with confidential information
What We’ll Do for You:
At Premise Health, you’re not an employee – you’re a team member. We have health centers, pharmacies, fitness centers and offices scattered across the country, but we’re all working together to deliver exemplary and delightful service to our clients, their employees and family members. We’re proud of the culture we’ve built, and we aim to assist our team members in living their best life – in and out of the workplace. That’s why you’ll find us taking a yoga class together or starting a book club. We know that we can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. We’re also not afraid to share what we’re up to – check out some of our smiling faces.
As an employer, we want to compensate you for the work you do with more than a paycheck (although you’ll get one of those too). Premise Health offers competitive benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, and a company-sponsored wellness program. We are an equal opportunity employer of nice people and value inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs