Business Data AnalystRequisition Number 21-3739-11 Job Location Covington, Kentucky
Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise partners with its clients to offer fully connected care – in-person and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite, mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient, integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products, delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career opportunities. We are currently looking for a Business Data Analystto join our team in Brentwood, TN.
About the role:
As the Business Data Analyst you must demonstrate strategic thinking and strong communication skills, underpinned by the ability to juggle multiple complex tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail. In this role, you will generate analyses and presentations to support conversations with internal and external stakeholders as well as perform original research, propose new approaches to problems, and contribute to an innovative team.
The role is a perfect fit for someone who:
a) Excels at translating raw, data into compelling stories meant to spur action
b) Has experience working with data and analytical tools
c) Is not afraid to learn new tools and approaches
d) Can build relationships across a large organization and
e) Is excited about being part of a close-knit team redefining the way healthcare is delivered.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable providing structure to ambiguity and have a passion for healthcare, data analytics, financial modeling, product development, and business strategy. The Business Development Strategy team is a high-profile team at the intersection of core sales, operations and strategy functions.
- Responsible for leading data integrity initiatives and reporting for Salesforce platform
- Will lead compiling and analyzing sales data for monthly and quarterly board reports
- Drives toward integration of disparate data sources
- Works to develop automated capabilities wherever possible
- Works closely with key stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of their business and needs to provide analysis and recommendations to project teams for utilization in strategic project planning.
- Works alongside Business Development Strategy Analysts to partner with the internal and external stakeholders to understand the market, business goals, etc. to provide a decision-making framework for future growth opportunities.
- Identifies desired results and provides an understanding of the opportunity or problem.
- Complete assigned tasks, ad hoc requests, projects in accordance with assigned timeframes and present analyses and findings to stakeholders.
- Research and provide recommendations to project and stakeholder leadership on critical business decisions.
- Understands the business as a whole and takes ownership in an effort to become a partner in content generation and messaging, not simply an “order taker”.
- Works closely with Client Reporting, Finance, Sales, Growth Strategy, and other business functions to source content for Sales Operations materials.
- Supports the Executive team with data needs.
- Bachelor's Degree (required), ideally in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, finance, or economics
- Graduate Degree (preferred, not required, MS in quantitative field or MBA)
- 2-3 years of experience in analytical role involving: Developing and presenting analyses and recommendations to stakeholders; Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Prior experience in healthcare, data analytics, and/or management consulting strongly preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to thrive in a large organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated analytical abilities
- The ability to work both independently and within teams
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, with excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience with data cleansing and manipulation
- Comfort with learning new skills and analytical tools
- Advanced level skill in Microsoft Excel required (e.g., using lookup, index match, IF and OR functions, pivot tables, power query)
- Advanced level skill translating concepts into compelling visuals and Microsoft PowerPoint slides
- Conceptual understanding of relational databases (e.g., Salesforce, SQL Server Applications)
- Familiarity with performing analyses using R or Python a plus
- Familiarity with data visualization tools a plus (e.g., Qlik, Tableau, Power BI)
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, Premise Health encourages all new team members to be fully vaccinated and up to date with a COVID-19 vaccine. Where applicable state or local laws or a client require, individuals who are offered and accept a position with Premise Health will be required to provide proof of vaccination in the form of a CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process. **Except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted.
*As permitted by applicable law.
A Culture That Sets Us Apart
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs