Substitute Fitness Trainer for On- CallRequisition Number 19-4842 Job Location Apex, North Carolina
We have an opportunity for an aSubstituteFitness Trainer to join our team in providing an unparalleled experience at our employer based Fitness Centerlocated in Durham, NC!
Join a dynamic team of professionals in providing challenging Fitness programming and assisting people in our mission to get, stay and be well.
Premise Health is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages more than 500 worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. The company serves more than 200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Primary responsibilities will consists of conducting 1 on 1 training sessions, small group trainings, group exercise classes, and floor sub coverage if needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Execute 1 on 1 or small group personal training session and program design in a safe and effective way.
- Provide exercise leadership expertise according to the latest American College of Sports Medicine, Exercise Testing and Prescription guidelines (9thEdition).
- Create individualized and small group exercise programs tailored to the specific needs of the participant(s).
- Engage with fitness center members regularly to offer fitness based guidance and support when needed.
- Perform sub floor coverage or assist with specialty programs when deemed necessary by site manager.
- Provide a platinum customer experience for all fitness center members according to Premise Exercise Leadership, and Customer Service Standards.
- Personal Training certification from nationally recognized authority organization (e.g. ACSM, NASM, NSCA etc.)
- Current certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in exercise science or a combination of education and experience preferred.
- Group Fitness certification from nationally recognized authority (e.g. AFAA, ACE, IDEA) preferred.
- Minimum of two years of education in the field of exercise science or a related field and at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in, and ability to perform fitness assessments including: Resting and exercise blood pressure and heart rate, Body composition using skin fold calipers, Muscular strength and endurance testing, Sub maximal cycle testing preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of exercise programming.
- Ability to demonstrate exercises to member.
- Knowledge of safety and proper technique.
This job operates in an onsite setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, virus, disease and infection. The employee may experience traumatic situations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to withstand strenuous activity including exercising, stretching, standing; walking; sitting and using hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not recently viewed any jobs